Computer hardware continues to grow ever more powerful. Thanks to Moore’s Law, a single computer today can do the work of 3 computers built 5 years ago. Virtualization is a software technology that makes it possible to run more than one operating system and its associated programs on the same physical computer at the same time - just as if you had two, three or more physical computers. Virtualization can increase IT agility, flexibility, and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Workloads get deployed faster, performance and availability increases and operations become automated, resulting in IT that's less costly to own and operate.
- Reduced capital and operating costs – With virtualization, you buy fewer servers and optimize the ones you have, thus reducing capital expenditures and electric costs significantly.
- Centralized management – We can provide support with fewer people and lower costs all around.
- Increased IT productivity and responsiveness – Programs and files load faster on virtual servers resulting in less time waiting, more time working.
- High application availability – Hardware failures happen. A virtual server can be restored on an emergency basis to nearly any hardware - yours or ours - in minutes, which gets your database or other critical business applications back up and running quickly without having to wait for the purchase and configuration of the replacement server.
- Speed and simplify application and resource provisioning – When it comes to increasing capacity, what used to take days can be accomplished in minutes. Temporary workloads can be accommodated without purchasing unnecessary equipment.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery – Because virtual servers can be restored anywhere and quickly, discontinuity in a disaster scenario is reduced to an absolute minimum.